top of page

Report Cruelty
0300 1234 999

Frequently Asked Questions

Our Centre is FULL, as we are using all of our spaces to care for the treatment and rehabilitation of Cats and Dogs that have suffered abuse or neglect.

Below are some answers to many of the common queries we get each day.

I Need help to care for my animal


Do you offer vet care/neutering?

NO - Sorry, we do not have an on site vet and we are not equipped to offer free healthcare. However, depending on the area you live in you will be able to seek help from the PDSA Hospital in Huyton. Cat protection league  or Warrington Animal Welfare.

This branch does not have a vet on site.


Can you rehome my animal?

NO - sorry, we only deal with severe neglect and cruelty cases brought to us by National RSPCA inspectors so aren’t able to take animals from members of the public. Other local rescues may be able to help you such as the Cheshire Dogs HomeWarrington Animal Welfare and your local Cats Protection.


Is your branch open?

The vast majority of our animals are in ongoing prosecution cases, therefore, we must provide a high level of security. This means the only public allowed on site day-to-day are volunteers. At the end of the legal proceedings, if we re-home the animals from our centre, these are advertised on the website and you can book appointments to see them.


We try to answer the phone between 10am-2pm but as most of our staff are busy looking after cats or dogs, we can’t always pick up.


The phone number to report cruelty is open until 10pm every day – 0300 1234 999. We cannot take reports directly to the branch. and no anonymous reports will be dealt with.


How can I make a donation in person?

Although the branch is generally closed to the public, we are still hugely grateful to receive donations. These can be dropped off directly at the branch, any time, between 9am-4pm, any day of the week.

I've found a stray cat or dog, what should I do?  

National RSPCA will collect sick or injured stray cats but due to lack of resources, they don’t normally collect healthy strays. Usually, healthy strays are fine but if you are concerned we recommend contacting the Cats Protection.

We cannot take in stray dogs as we are full and do not have a licence to do so, you need to contact the local dog warden

I've found injured wildlife, what should I do?

Please take directly to a vet, or ring the National RSPCA for assistance on 0300 1234 999.

My neighbours animal is suffering, so I am going to remove it.

By doing this, you are taking the law into your own hands and could be liable for prosecution. in addition to this, you may prevent a perpetrator from prosecution as you have tampered with 'evidence' by removing the animal, so the CPS will have no proof that is necessary to take the owner to court. Please don't break the law, instead, report it and leave it to the professionals to do their job.


If you have any concerns for an animals welfare, telephone the National Inspectorate 0300 1234 999, or the Police on 101.

Advice and Welfare

You can find a lot of helpful information on the national societies website.

bottom of page